Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sleeping.... How would it be??

Do you even have those nights where you toss and turn all night? Not because you can't get comfortable, but because you just cannot sleep? You aren't tired, in fact you have a lot of energy, but it is the middle of the night and you know you should be sleeping or you will regret it tomorrow? That has officially become the story of my life.

Since I was young I have been unable to sleep (Thank You uneven brain-- See previous post for details) Since this last Daylight Savings time change thing, my sleep schedule has become so much closer to utter extinction. My new sleep schedule is this, I take my sleeping pill at 9 PM- give or take a few minutes. I take a shower or do something else relaxing, and I prepare for bed. I try to be completely done with homework by this point so that i can relax, but seeing as it is tax season and I am working like crazy, that doesnt usually work out. Anyway, my goal every night is to be in bed ready to go to sleep by 11. Good goal right? I loved it the first night because I was so proud of myself for actually doing it. The problem is, the ceiling above my bed gets really boring after staring at it for 5 hours. Literally. It does not matter what time I go to bed. I will not fall asleep before 4 am- and that is the earliest. Let's just say I have all of the designs on the ceiling memorized. The worst part is trying to get my butt out of bed at 7 in the morning, or earlier depending on the day.

Since I have battled with this my entire life, I dont really know anything different. The problem is, growing up I always had my own room. So when I was awake I was awake. I could have the light on, or turn on church music, read books, maybe the scriptures (since those seem to put me right to sleep). But unfortunately, welcome to college life, I have a roommate. A roommate who snores. So I get to lay in bed from 11-4+ hearing a snore every 4 seconds- literally. Yes, I am OCD. The reason for the rant is because I had an entire weekend with my room to myself and it was heavenly to be able to do whatever in the middle of the night. Tonight, however I am back to hearing the snores every 4 seconds.

The good news is, there are 3 weeks and 2 days until tax season is OVER!!! I am hoping then that I will be able to sleep better because I won't be so stressed all the time! Hey, I can get my hopes up, right? Anyway, there is my ranting blog- you wont see those very often, but sometimes it is just necessary to get the frustration out.

The other good news I had a fabulous easter and had a blast playing with my niece and nephew, Erika and Landon. I will post plenty of pictures of them in the future. My weekend was fabulous, I mean, it's March Madness! How could it be anything short of amazing? Watching NCAA basketball on a big screen, HDTV with my best friends, what could be better?

No comments: