Sunday, August 03, 2008

Big Surprise...

So I was checking MSNBC.com tonight (I always check it before I go to bed at night to make sure there is nothing big going on before I sleep. Weird I know.). And I was reading a story about John McCain's running mate quest and stuff and as I was about to close it, at the top of the page where there are always advertisements I saw a picture of Christ and it caught my eye. Look at what is being advertised on MSNBC.com.... I thought it was pretty interesting!



and if you clicked on the link this is what it went to: Although it actually went to a slightly different page saying something like "Our gift to you- a Book of Mormon." or something like that. But, it went to this site.

Mormon.org

Anyway, I just thought that was interesting and that I should share it. I guess growing up in Utah I am used to seeing "Family, isn't it about.... time?" commercials and commercials for "The Living Scriptures" but it just shocked me to see it on MSNBC and I thought I'd share it.

2 comments:

donelle said...

I love that advertisement for the Church! When I was in Vegas right on the Strip was a Semi with a church ad that said "How can I keep my family together?" with Mormon.org on the bottom. I thought it was great to see that in Vegas. I took a picture of it.

Thanks for the cute comment on my blog. I too have great memories with you. You pretty much covered ALL of them, though! Another good one is taking pictures of my short legs with your long legs...good times!

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Good stuff Becca! I haven't checked out your blog yet and it is way cute. I love Grandpa's letters. An awesome guy we will get to meet sometime!
Hil